Product : Digital (or Electronic) Medical Record (DMR/EMR) application – IN COVID19 context.
Audience : Physicians and specialists for consultations in clinics as well as nurses, secretaries, archivists, etc.
- Conducted heuristic evaluation & accessibility audit (WCAG 2.0)
- Conducted Discovery User Research and Validation User tests
- Conducted Design Thinking workshops, talks and design training
- Proposed branding upgrade & application facelift (+ a11y fix)
- Established a Design Toolkit and Design System initiative
- Founded a Design guild and mentor junior designer
Lightning Decision Jam Workshop
This workshop allow us to gain clarity, alignement and prioritization. I invited the stakeholder, engineering team and PMs to discuss all issue, rate them by importance and impact, decide which one to tackle first, what are the next steps, and who is responsible.
Product : Patient Portal (new product) – IN COVID19 context.
Audience : Patient who needs a medical appointment and communicated prescription/results/program.
Patient Journey Map Example
In order to kick-off a the patient portal product, we mapped some patient experience and highlighted all each touchpoint with the medical crew.
* UI/UX Designs are confidential for now
New Brand & UI Facelift
I hire my friend Patrick Fleury as a Brand Designer to work with the stakeholder team to come up with a new corporate image.
The new colours, typography and iconography gave a more modern look to the medical application.
One of the hardes thing for physician to do is the “closing” of the S.O.A.P. sequence. This is what the patient came-in for with the what-do-I-do attitude. This is also how you end the consultation. SOAP stand for:
- S = Subjective: What happens in the words of the patient
- O = Objective: Vitals signs, metrics, measurements
- A = Appreciation: Hypothesis and ruled-out diagnosis
- P = Prescriptions: Medication or recommended behaviour
“JP had a strong impact on Omnimed. In less than a year, JP gave over 30 workshops, talks and training to help us better understand UX and integrate UCD. He conducted important user research on the medical context. He helped us clarified product strategy, enhanced our development processes and initiated a transformation of our product to adopt the best standards in ergonomics, usability and accessibility. He established foundations of our design system and even changed our branding.
Thank you JP!”
– Xavier Boilard, CEO Omnimed